Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Berry Vanilla Pecan Oatmeal

It's been a chilly spring so far... I woke up the other morning and just wanted something warm.  As I was going through my memory banks trying to think of something good for breakfast, it hit me - oatmeal!  It couldn't be just plain oatmeal though, it had to be exciting or I'd get the eye roll from Taylor for sure!  I started to dig through my pantry and fridge...moldy strawberries (bummer), pecans, almonds, dried apricots, craisins, frozen berries.  Hmmm...I've got it!  So here's my version of oatmeal:

Berry Vanilla Pecan Oatmeal
1-3/4 cup water
1-3/4 cup milk
dash of salt
2 cups quick oats
1 cup Kirkland frozen berry mix
1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1 tsp vanilla
brown sugar

Boil water, milk and salt.  Add berries and bring back to a boil.  Add oats and pecans, cook for about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.  Dish into bowls and top with brown sugar.  This was enough for 4 good size servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment