Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekly Meal Plan 3/3/13

Another week gone... Is it just me or is this year flying by???  I can't even stand it!  Now that we are 3 weeks into this, I'm wondering what everyone is thinking.  Are my recipe ideas helpful??  Am I just annoying you?? Just kidding...  Hopefully I'm helping to spice things up in your kitchen!

What's on the menu this week:
Sunday - PW Ranch Style Chicken w/Rudy's Creamed Corn
Monday - Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Tuesday - leftover night
Wednesday - Sausage links with couscous
Thursday - leftovers/cereal/sandwiches - anything goes!
Friday - spaghetti w/Grandma
Saturday - Out!

I'm sure you've noticed that my posts during the week don't always follow the initial plan.  The nice thing is there is a plan of sorts, so it can change a little.  Last week, I forgot to put the pork ribs in the crock pot, so that definitely changed up our dinner plans on Monday.  That's okay though--we just moved Tuesday (sloppy joes) up and Monday back a day.  Life happens!  If that's one of the things I can help convey, I'll feel accomplished!  Sometimes you just have to kind-of go with the flow!  :) 

Since we are enjoying Pioneer Woman's Ranch Style Chicken, I thought I'd fill you in on the recipe, which can be located here.  The chicken needs to marinate in this recipe, so I put it in the marinade about 4 hours before dinner.  If I was making this on a weeknight, I'd put it in the marinade in the morning or the night before just depending on our schedule.  I've already cooked the bacon and shredded the cheese, so now all that I really have to do is grill the chicken. 



Rudy's Cream Style Corn...explanation:  Rudy's is one of our favorite BBQ places in San Antonio.  They have the most amazing cream corn!  My sis-in-law gave me this recipe... I think she said she found it in the newspaper. 
2 cans creamed corn
1 reg size bag frozen corn (12-16oz.)
1/3 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 pkg cream cheese
Place everything in the slow cooker and heat on low for about 4 hours.  Double recipe for a crowd!  It's a definite must at the Crow Family get togethers!!  Thanks Kathy for sharing!!






No comments:

Post a Comment