Sunday, March 17, 2013

Another week gone

As you can see, I'm off track.  I did well keeping up the first couple of weeks and I'm just not sure where this past week has gone. 
We started out the week with Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork.  It was a hit, especially if you got one of the peppers, then it was a HOT hit! 
Monday night we had Tuna melts.  How many of you are fans of tuna?  Well, several years ago, John and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in Maui.  One of my favorite meals was a tuna melt.  The tuna was flaked, mixed with mayo and seasonings, topped with swiss cheese and then grilled on multi-grain bread.  It was one of the best sandwiches I have ever had!  Now, some of you may say it was because of the location in which I ate the sandwich.  This may have had something to do with it, but we've been making them at home the same way since.  This week we chose to serve it on sourdough bread, nevertheless, it was fabulous!! 
For the next few days, we all had leftovers or whatever we could find in the fridge.  Last night, we decided to use the grill!  It had been a beautiful day out, so it was definitely a night for fresh grilled burgers, tots on the side!  You just can go wrong with anything on the grill!  I'm so glad that warmer weather is around the corner! 
As life will be getting a bit crazier with the kids schedules now (warmer weather = volleyball, dance, track, more volleyball and horseback) you'll notice only a few scheduled dinners a week.  We usually fill in the other nights with leftovers, sandwiches, cereal, etc. 
Here's this weeks plan:
Pizza
Balsamic Chicken Noodle Bowl
Huevos Rancheros
I'll fill you in as the week goes...  Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment