Monday, July 18, 2016

Raspberry Lemonade Pie

I love lemon ... anything .. but especially in the summer!  I ran across a Creamy Lemon Pie Recipe from Kelsey at Favorite Family Recipes http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/creamy-lemon-pie/ .  I made a few of my own modifications, but it was a hit!  I think you could easily use any kind of berry in this recipe.  The frozen raspberries I used seemed to be a bit tart - which I think is fairly normal for frozen raspberries.  If you wanted a little sweeter fruit I would recommend fresh fruit...  Or if you are really a sweet loving kind-of person, toss whatever berry you use in just a little bit of powdered sugar.

Raspberry Lemonade Pie

1 prepared graham cracker crust
1-3/4 cup cold milk
2  4-serving pkgs vanilla instant pudding
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1  8oz. container of whipped topping, thawed
12 oz frozen raspberries (save a handful for the garnish)
Lemon slices or extra berries for garnish

In a large bowl, add milk and pudding - whisk until well blended.  Add the lemonade concentrate and blend well.  Fold in berries and whipped topping.  Pour into prepared crust.  Freeze!  Add garnish just before serving.  Allow to sit for about 5-10 minutes before slicing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment