Thursday, November 10, 2016

Harvest Chicken Salad

It's Fall, but don't put your salad spinner away just yet!  I pulled together this amazing salad the other day and just had to share!!

Harvest Chicken Salad
2 cups Rotisserie Chicken
1 Head Romaine Lettuce, chopped
1 bunch Kale, chopped
1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 Apple (I used Fuji), sliced into bite-size pieces
1/3 cup Craisins
Pumpkin seeds, to taste
1/2-3/4 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
Croutons*
Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette**

Mix everything but dressing together and toss.  Add dressing to individual salads based on taste.

Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette
1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
1/3 c. Dijon mustard
1/3 c. honey
1/3 c. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
Blend all ingredients in blender.  Refrigerate for an hour prior to serving.

Lastly, I like to make my own croutons.  I take whatever bread I have and cube it.  Then toss with olive oil and favorite seasoning (it varies).  Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Store in an air-tight container for about 7-10 days.





No comments:

Post a Comment