Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sour Cream Scones

I love breakfast!  I think it's probably my favorite meal of the day!  I'm always looking for new and different recipes.  I stumbled upon this one (yes, on Pinterest) and thought we'd give it a try.  It's so light and tasty.  I love that you can smother the scones in whatever you're craving - butter & honey, jam, you name it!  I think you could definitely add fruit to it too! 


Sour Cream Scones
2 cups  flour
3 TBS sugar
2 TBS baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 TBS butter, cubed
1 cup sour cream
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sanding sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Cut in cold butter using a pastry blender.  Add egg yolk and sour cream until just combined.  Turn out dough on lightly floured surface and knead until the dough comes together.  Gently pat dough into a 3/4 inch square shape.  Cut dough into 4 smaller squares, then cut smaller squares into triangles.  Brush the tops with heavy cream and sprinkle with sanding sugar.  Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.  Remove from oven, cool slightly.  Eat warm with butter, jam, lemon curd or honey. 

So Tasty!


Recipe taken from StoneGable.

No comments:

Post a Comment