Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hawaiian Chicken

It's always nice to walk in the door from work and have the wonderful aroma of dinner hit your nose!  It means I don't really have to think about dinner because it's basically ready - I Love IT!!  The greatness of the crock pot! 

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
8 oz. pineapple, crushed
16 oz. favorite BBQ sauce

Place chicken in crock pot.  Mix pineapple and BBQ sauce together and pour over chicken.  Put lid on crock pot and set for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.  Once chicken is cooked, using a fork (or two), shred the chicken and let it soak up all that yummy sauce.  You can serve it over rice, on a bun or all by itself!

Recipe adapted from 101 Things To Do With A Slow Cooker by Stephanie Ashcraft and Janet Eyring

**HINT:  My one concern when using the crock pot for chicken is drying it out.  Since I am gone over 8 hours to work, what I usually do is put the chicken in frozen.  Once I come home, I check it and it is usually done, so then I'll turn the crock pot to warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment