Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Green Enchiladas


I don't know about you, but around here I would say Mexican food is definitely a favorite!!  I would even bet that if I made tacos, enchiladas, "Cafe Rio" salad, tostadas, burritos every week there would be no complaints here.  I needed something quick one night, but had no red enchiliada sauce, so we opted for the green version.  Enchiladas are super simple...  Here's our basic enchilada process:

10 flour or corn tortillas (we prefer flour)
1 lb.+ Shredded cheese, options are endless:  pepper jack, cheddar, monterey, colby jack, etc.
1 lrg can enchiliada sauce (red or green)

Warm your tortillas (a few at a time in the microwave, wrapped in a wet paper towel).  Fill with shredded cheese and roll.  Place in greased 9x13 pan.  Once the pan is full pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas.  Top with more cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.


No comments:

Post a Comment